VIRTUAL COURSES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
From fitness, learning, and dance programs to social and creative activities, new and exciting opportunities are available for those who are young at heart. Make new friends, try something different, learn new skills, or reconnect with others in the community.
YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF THE COURSE. EACH COURSE STARTS AT THE FIRST OF EACH MONTH. YOU CAN REGISTER FOR MORE THAN ONE MONTH OF A COURSE, IF AVAILABLE.
Opportunities to work, play and learn together as part of the strategy for eliminating isolation.
Teaching seniors how to utilize technology to enhance their lives and enable them to live at home longer if that is their choice.
Our online classes are available to everyone, regardless of age. Please refer to the conditions regarding membership status.
Adults 55 years and older with a valid ESC membership are able to register for classes or activities at discounted rates.
Anyone under the age of 55 years, with a valid ESC membership, are able to register at the same discounted rates as regular members.
Must register with ESC as a MOU member with a current card from another centre. Only able to register for instructional classes at the regular rate.
- Join early (up to 5 minutes before the meeting start time)
- If you haven’t used Zoom before click the link to download Zoom prior to the day of the meeting and familiarize yourself with any features you may need to use on the day – mute/unmute microphone, stop/start video, screenshare etc.
- Have your video on unless you are experiencing connection issues
- Find a quiet space without interruptions / background noise
- Don't do anything on camera you wouldn't do in a class full of people. Keep your clothes on, don't point the camera toward private rooms in your house
- Have good lighting on your face so you can be seen clearly
- Adjust your camera to be at around eye level if possible – especially take note of the angle of your laptop or phone screen if using the built-in camera.
- Mute your microphone when not talking and remember everyone can hear you!
- Try to avoid talking over / at the same time as other participants
- Be aware you are on camera and try to avoid doing other tasks, checking emails, looking at your phone etc.